|Genre(s)||Indie rock, Dance-punk, Post-punk revival, Punk rock|
The Automatic (known as The Automatic Automatic in the U.S. and Canada are a Welsh post punk rock band. Formed in Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan but now based in Cardiff, the band are influenced heavily by acts such as Jarcrew, Muse, Blur and The Blood Brothers. The band released there debut album on June 19th through B-Unique Records and Polydor Records, the album featured the prior to LP release single Recover, Raoul and Monster.
The band are currently working on their second album with new member Paul Mullen, after keyboardist Alex Pennie left in September 2007.
The band are often descried as Electro-Disco-Punk Rock, with synthesizers and keyboards backing up a firm punk rock sound. With influences such as Jarcrew, Muse, Blur and The Blood Brothers and a joint love for bands such as Radiohead and Ash.
- The Pop Factory Awards 2005 - Best New Act
- The Pop Factory Awards 2006 - Best Performance Award
- The Pop Factory Awards 2006 - Rock 'n' Roll Excess Award
- Vodafone Music Awards 2006 - Best British Breakthrough Act
- T4 Popworld Artist of the Year 2006
- The Pop Factory Awards 2007 - Best International Band/Export